Friday, December 20, 2013

Day four

Dec. 20th,
I took my pill and the full drink this morning. I decided to drink half of the water and mixed the powder in the last half so that it was more like a "sugar shot" instead of a bottle of icky!


My mom took all of my reactions and compared them to the "miracle fruit" which is a small red berry that temporarily rewires the way the palate perceives sour flavors, rendering lemons as sweet as candy -http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/28/dining/28flavor.html?_r=0

 Today... I was convinced I was NOT emotionally ready to have my favorite foods taken away from me and almost cried (well.. I cried a little bit) when mom took me out to eat.... I can smell everything I want but knew that after my naughty testing of sugar the day before that nothing was going to taste right... She picked out what she would eat (of course healthy and nothing I wanted!) and shared it with me.
Well... It was amazing. I hate healthy food and would NEVER have eaten what was on her plate. I tried to be bad and eat the bread that came with it but it was just warm and tasteless so I stopped...


We had:
Bourbon glazed Salmon on Rice Pilaf, with Vegetable medley: Very good! It all tasted very different than it did when I wanted something sweet over rice and veggies. There was carrots, broccoli, snap peas, red bell pepper, squash, zucchini- all of which I would have never ate and always pushed to the side for my mom, however today I ate it all! >:D

Side of fresh asparagus: I was a little disappointed as I really liked it before Plexus- but it turns out I just liked it when covered with butter and lemon pepper :P

House salad (sauce on the side), with Shrimp and lobster bisque chowder, and small side of Home fried chips with cheese and bacon: I did NOT like the salad, i still call it bunny food! The chowder has no flavor to me and had a major after burn.. Mom liked it though and said she felt the burn but not as hot as me. And the chips caught me off guard- they usually taste bland and I leave them behind but today while my taste was changed and heightened they tasted really good!

--
Side note:
I try to only drink water, especially when out, because when I do drink soda I can't stop myself from getting the biggest cup possible. So I ordered water no lemon; which I'm soo happy about! Mom giggled and told me to lick hers to see what it tastes like- that was massively sour! Much more than usual!

It was perfect. Everything tasted different.

Then we went to the store and the sugar and seasoning isle drove my nose crazy!
The sugar isle was WAY to sweet smelling, I couldn't smell the donuts in the bakery- even though mom said they smelled awesome, and the seasoning was really strong.

--

The point of this is to lose weight, however I have not seen any difference in my clothes size or  scale weight. Mom is pleased with my food progress today and says we might try the 1 month afterwords to see if it helps being on it longer and already knowing what I like now.

I still have 3 days to go! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment